Battles heat up…not only those being waged by the soldiers on both sides fighting for Spain, but in the hearts and minds of the men and women who must sacrifice more than their dreams to save the lives of their loved ones.
In this meticulously researched novel, brave and idealistic Sophie, Philip, Jose, and Deion realize their only hope for freedom is escaping Spain’s borders.
By continuing the story of this band of volunteers during the Spanish Civil War, A Whisper of Freedom proves that there are whispers of hope and liberty that resonate through even the darkest night.
Tricia Goyer is the author of twelve books including From Dust and Ashes, My Life UnScripted, and the children’s book, 10 Minutes to Showtime. She won Historical Novel of the Year in 2005 and 2006 from ACFW, and was honored with the Writer of the Year award from Mt. Hermon Writer’s Conference in 2003. Tricia’s book Life Interrupted was a finalist for the Gold Medallion in 2005. In addition to her novels, Tricia writes non-fiction books and magazine articles for publications like Today’s Christian Woman and Focus on the Family. Tricia is a regular speaker at conventions and conferences, and has been a workshop presenter at the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) International Conventions. She and her family make their home in the mountains of Montana.
Book excerpt: http://triciagoyer.com/cmsdocuments/WhisperCh1.doc
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/Whisper-Freedom-Chronicles-Spanish-Civil
Watch the series trailer: http://cg.creativenuclei.com/wip/TriciaGoyer/cscw.html
Tricia’s website: http://triciagoyer.com
Tricia’s Blogs: http://triciagoyer.com/blogs.html
YOU could WIN one of FIVE signed copies of A Whisper of Freedom by signing up for Tricia’s newsletter here
TAG YOUR IT! I’m Tagging you, the reader, with these questions. In addition, I’m tagging a few specific people:
Here are the MEME questions!
1. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!)
1) Find out how much it’s worth! 2) Be responsible with some of it 3) Travel to some exotic private location, or maybe buy an island.
2. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why).
1) ICCM children’s ministry (Our child is in Kenya) 2) Teen Mania (Our daughter will be traveling to South Africa this summer) 3) ARM –children’s ministry in the Philippines
3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services.
1)Clean my house every day 2) I home school my children 3) Fascilitate Ladies bible Study. . .
what those don’t count?
4. List three things you keep “hidden” when company comes over.
Sodas, fruit, and the last of the chips!
5. List the last three things you’ve lost.
1) One of my new pair of blue jeans, 2) My dog (but he came home) 3) my thin body
6. List the last three things you’ve found.
1) The stickers for a job well done, 3) that pair of jeans, 4) I’m working on recovering my thin body
Three brave “players” will be selected at random to win their own lost gold (Gourmet chocolate coins and all three books in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series). To enter all you have to do is answer the MEME on your blog and then leave a comment on Tricia’s blog tour post here:
http://triciagoyer.blogspot.com/2008/03/whisper-of-freedom-meme-sticky-post.html that you’ve posted your MEME. Easy.
To visit other participants or read more about the tour: